Your dryer’s built-in lint trap is the first line of defense. But even if you clean the screen with every load, your dryer vent can still become filled with lint — reducing your dryer’s efficiency and creating a serious fire hazard.
Playing inside doesn’t have to mean resorting to video games or movies. See what made our list of screen-free family fun for the wintertime.
Whether it’s an incoming polar vortex or just an extended cold snap, extreme cold temperatures can chill you to the bone. Here’s what to do when the temperatures start to drop.
HERE TO HELP
WE ARE BUILT ON RELATIONSHIPS
FIND US ON
- The 7 Most Unhelpful Things to Say to Someone Who’s House Hunting
- Could You Spot These Coronavirus Cyber Scams?
- The Beginner’s Guide to Installing a Fence
- 12 Creative Ways to Support Your Local Businesses Right Now
- Ladder Safety Tips: How to Choose the Right Ladder and Climb it Safely
- Help Your House Recover from Frost Heave
- How to Choose a Life Insurance Beneficiary
- Quick Tips to Organize Your Garage… at Last
- Basic Dryer Maintenance: How to Clean Dryer Vent Systems
- IIHS: The Safest Cars of 2020
- 7 Fun Ways You Can Bring The Outdoors Inside This Winter
- 7 Tips for Staying Safe During Extreme Cold Weather
- How to Prevent a Dryer Fire
- Wishing For a Walk-In Pantry? Try These DIY Ideas
- How to Pick the Perfect Houseplant